Friday, November 13, 2009

2 Million Minutes



Watching 2 Million Minutes made me realize that Education in the US is much lower then I had though.  Compared to other countries like India and China education in the US needs to be improved.  People from India and China are coming over to America and applying for Jobs that Americans are applying for, making it a competition.  With the education you get in China and India they have a better chance of getting the jobs.  How are American Children supposed to control what they learn in school?  In the video they say that the US is raked #24 in Mathematics, there for we have a large disadvantage when we graduate College and start looking for jobs.  Because of this the government needs to re look our curriculum and teach us at the same levels that other kids are taught at.  If I was raised in China and went to their schools until my freshman year and came back to the US to finish high school I would know a lot more then the kids in my grade, and would probably be at a 11th grade level as a freshman.  Overall the video was educational and it made me think about why education means to other kids around the world and that most kids in America just take advantage of the education that they are given.  


By Julia Patsios

No comments: