Friday, June 18, 2010

Mass Communications Reflection

1) During our time spent in this class, we have written many blogs and seen many videos. However, the most influential blog to me is Meth Epidemic, by Mariane Machado. With all do respect, the other blogs were also very informative and well written, yet they just didn't do it for me; I didn't find them as interesting. The topic of this particular blog was very attention - grabbing. The blog was very informative about Meth and its effects, not to mention the picture contributed to making me look down upon drugs even further.

2) In this class, we blogged about videos, worked on the radio project, and wrote blogs about things that are going on today, such as the car bomb suspect that lived in Watertown. My strength was blogging about these events that took place, because I like writing, which made the assignment convenient for me. However, I did have a weakness too, and that was to come up with a good script for my radio project. I had a tough time figuring out what the plot would be, and once I did, i stumbled upon another barrier, which was to sync in the pictures correspondingly with the lines, but eventually I successfully finished it. I wish we had done more radio projects, because it was a fun experience for the all of us in the class. If I could, I would like to make music in the class; 2 to 4 minutes songs that we make according to what genre music we like.

3) Making my final project "Improvisation Class," was an enjoyable assignment that had me looking forward to coming to class every day. From making this video, I have become experienced in Final Cut and better at making presentations without using Microsoft Powerpoint. If were to take this class again, I would like to make a project that is video only, unlike the project that we did this term which was pictures only.

4) In the future, I can make the skills that I learned in this class by making presentations for my other classes like the one I have to make for my science teacher as a final. He gave us the choice writing a five page essay, or making a Powerpoint presentation. Due to this class, I have chosen to make a presentation that I know will be acceptional.

5) As a teacher, Ms. Ventura's strength's are being able to explain how to use a new application for those of us who haven't used it before. For example, I though Final Cut was very complicated when I first opened it, but after an effective explanation, I easily finished the Final Project. Yet like all humans, some weaknesses are apparent. The one and only weakness was allowing students to publish their blog a day or two late. Although it was a nice act, many students learned to take advantage of it. If I were a teacher, I would teach this class the exact same way I was taught.

No comments: