Sunday, January 23, 2011

Editor-Chris Dickens



I don't really have a favorite editor but I really love the editing in the movie Slumdog Millionaire, so I chose
Chris Dickens to blog about. The two movies that I know about that he edited are, Slumdog Millionaire (duh), and Shaun of the Dead. He has edited some other action and sport movies but I don't know any of them. Dickens is British and graduated from Bournemouth Film School in 1990. He won several awards for Slumdog Millionaire including the Academy Award for Film Editing, BAFTA Award of Best Editing, and the American Cinema Editors Award.

There really isn't much about editors on the web....

Here is a link to the Slumdog Millionaire trailer because all samples of his work are so not going to be on YouTube.

1 comment:

Ms.Ventura said...

Although there is "not a lot about editors on the web" you could have talked more in detail about his editing style and what makes him such a talented editor. He definitely has a certain style. Also, I would have liked for you to talk about your own editing style, or how you'd like to see yourself.
Otherwise, good choice in subject.
B