Monday, April 12, 2010

Growing up online

As a kid I have always had access to the internet. Play games, look up stuff, things that kept me busy. I never got deeply engulfed with the computer as the kids in growing up online did. They made it an essential part of their life. Without it they wouldn't know what to do with themselves. I haven't made it crucial to my online life. If I lost the internet for a while, it wouldn't bother me too much. But it would affect the GUO (Growing Up Online) kids a lot. They don't seem to have anything else to do. I haven't really grown online. I have a facebook but I only check it once in a while. I don't even check my e-mail that often. Is using the internet a detriment to our learning? Yes and no. Yes because students can cheat,get wrong info, use shortcuts,etc. No because computer interaction keeps students interested,they pay attention, and they interested in working.

No comments: