Thursday, October 7, 2010

Frontline: Digital Nation

The documentary I watched Digital Nation talks about how in today's society people depends on technology too much and it is making them dumber. The main character in this documentary is Rachel Gretzin and her partner Douglas Rushkoff. Through out the whole documentary Rachel and her partner traveled to different places in the world to see how technology is affecting their community.

During their travel they found a school in the Bronx New York that was doing really bad until they started to bring in more technology in the school and that help increase the school's attendance and grades. The documentary also mention how in south Korea almost everyone is always wired and some needed special therapy to stop using the computer so much.

I think that this documentary was made to show everyone how technology can be good in our lives but over using it can be bad and in some cases dangerous for your health. I have learned to use less technology in my life through this documentary because it's bad to use technology everyday for a long period of time. Through this documentary I learned to use more scenery shots in my own documentary and I also learn to ask more questions for my future videos.

No comments: