Friday, September 11, 2009

Sept. 11th blog


Today is the 8th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City. On this day 8 years ago I was sitting in my fourth grade classroom staring wide-eyed at a television and having no idea what was going on. Today as I look back, I realize how big it really was. It was something that was way bigger than myself, and still is. 

After this occurred many Americans became very patriotic and had a sure sense of unity. Despite this widespread feeling of love and pride, many became hateful. They became hateful and skeptical of Muslims, and this led to much more ignorance. They were prejudiced to anyone who wore a turban, they would call Indians Muslim. That makes no sense. Indians are primarily Hindu. You would think since the United States is "The Melting Pot" we would be accepting of all cultures and consider everyone an American, despite their racial or ethnic background. 

Here's a video:



No comments: