Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unplug response


Link to Article: Link

A lot of new media and technology has been added to the world in the past years and now most kids are addicted to them and can't focus on anything else. In my opinion it is not that important to teach about new media in school because nowadays kids tends to develop a quick learning to use new media and they don't need to be thought how to. If I was a teacher I would teach he kids how to use media wisely and not be completely addicted or dependent on it all the time. An activity I would set up to help them lear this is giving them a big group project but limiting them to each research only one thing so they will focus more on one thing then having to multitask to get all kind of different information. I'm never distracted by media during classes because I never find myself having to text someone during class or checking my phone every five minute the only distraction I would ever have during class is that if I'm really bored I would usually listen to music on my phone but that's it. Whenever Im not doing school work I'm usually doing something else that involves using media because there is nothing better to do this doesn't affect my school work performance at all unless I'm really distracted. I will probably try to use one of the suggestion in the article to help me focus better but I probably wont use all of it because I'm not really all that plugged in and I can control myself whenever I use media.

1 comment:

Ms.Ventura said...

You didn't really define new media literacy and you have quite a few grammatical problems, other than that, your blog was insightful and interesting and provided a good perspective on media education.
Good