Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unplugged Response


Over the years kids have quickly engaged in technology to television, cellphones, computers, and video games. Children quickly adapt to all the new technology and easily know how to work them. Some adults actually need some help sometimes while working with some of the new technology and even ask there children for help. This just shows how much children know and use technology so much. In school I can't help to have my headphones in class or walking through the halls, playing games on my ipod, and the biggest thing I do a lot is text in class. In class I try and pay attention but I always feel my phone vibrating and I have to check it or sometimes I start thinking about how fun it would be to play a game on my ipod rather than pay attention so I do. Outside of school and when I'm home I am completely engaged in technology. If I'm not on the phone I'm on the computer if I'm not on the computer I'm playing video games, if I am not playing video games I am watching t.v and if I'm not watching t.v then I am multitasking and doing some of these all at once. I do not think I will unplug out of any of the things I do. I have to always check my Facebook and my phone if I don't I wonder if i got any notifications, calls, or texts. So I do not think I will change my ways and not use technology or relax with it I need it.



1 comment:

Ms.Ventura said...

Great response, but you didn't really answer the question regarding media literacy.
Otherwise, your response was very insightful and thoughtful.
How do you think your excessive usage might affect your future?
Do you want to work in a technology oriented field?
Good.