Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unplugged


New Media Literacy is when people are introduced to newer versions of certain technology such as cell phones, BlackBerrys, and other communication devices. It enables people to analyze, evaluate and create messages in a variety of forms. I think that teaching new media literacy in school could be good in some ways and bad in some ways. A good thing is that students who are interested in stuff like that will be able to learn about it and be educated in it. A bad reason is that some students might think of it as a way to just use their phones and ipods in class. During my classes my phone is usually off and I don't really text during class so it doesn't impact my education during class. In a way my media use affects some of my non-school activities. I usually hang out with friends after school so it doesn't impact that. However when I go home I'm influenced to play videogames or go on the internet. I might give some of the suggestions a try to see if they work out and if it makes me less dependant on media.

No comments: