Thursday, December 9, 2010

UNPLUGGED


Media literacy is a repertoire of competences that enable people to analyze, evaluate, and create messages in a wide variety of media modes, genres, and forms. I believe that it is important to teach new media because kids and students need to know how to use this new technology in order to be successes later in life. Yes I would teach my students about technology because it would be very helpful for them to know how to use this new technology. I would have them read articles about technology and then have them do some hands on activities to learn more about the specific technology. Sometimes I'm distracted in class by my phone in class but I don't think it has a significant impact on my learning. Media helps me a lot out of school because of it plans and things I like to do are easily set up. I can t imagine trying to do those things with out my phone or facebook. I would say I probably won't use those ideas because I feel I have my media use under control and I also would rather not feel unconnected.

1 comment:

Ms.Ventura said...

You have some grammatical issues, but otherwise nice response.
If there comes a time that you do not feel that your media use was "under control" do you think you my implement some of the suggestions from the article?
Good