Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unplugged Response

After reading the article i liked all the ideas but there is no way in my opinion that this will ever work as our brains are so used to the media and stuff and with all the new technology coming out that we will never get away from it ever again. I do not think it should be the top priority of schools to teach kids about new media because it is school at the end of the day and i could sit on my couch and learn about all sorts of new media through commercials on television. In class my phone will not receive a text message but when it happens i secretly respond to it and go back to learning so it dosn't effect me much. Media does not effect my non school activites at all because anywhere i go after school for an activity i do not bring my phone. Honestly i will not use any of the ideas expressed because i just don't see the point of giving up your freedoms and stopping doing things you like to do.

1 comment:

Ms.Ventura said...

How can you learn about new media through commercials? You didn't quite define what new media literacy is, which is why that doesn't really make sense. You have some grammatical problems (like not capitalizing your I's).Also, learn the different between effect/affect.

Otherwise, you have an interesting perspective on media usage and seem to be confident in your control of it. I suppose I would encourage you to look at the bigger picture of media use among student/adults to see where the suggestions in the article might be useful.
OK