Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unplugged Technology Time-Out Response


For the most part I agreed with the article "Unplugged Technology Time-Out." New media literacy is is the ability to understand and process the media that you are consuming. It is important to teach new media literacy in schools because children are surrounded by media and have to be able to understand the media. If I were a teacher I would teach the children how to use technolgy responsbly and I would show them articles and videos on the Internet and see how the react to it. In classes I usually do not have my phone with me so media does not really impact my education while in class. Media affects my non school activities because I am influenced by it to go on the Internet or watch television instead of doing something such as reading. Besides that my non school activities are sports or hanging out with friends which media does not really affect. I am definatly going to give some of the suggestions from the article a chance and see how they work. Hopefully they will help make me less dependant on media and an overall better person.

No comments: