Thursday, November 4, 2010

Movie Script: Jaws


A read the script of Jaws for the project. I chose Jaws because it is one of my favorite movies and I could not find some of the films that I prefer to Jaws. The character of Martin Brody, portrayed by Roy Scheider, is the police chief of Amity Island which is a coastal community in New England. Matt Hooper, played by Richard Dreyfuss, is a shark expert and oceanographer who helps Brody how serious of a threat they have. Quint, played by Robert Shaw, is a shark hunter who allows Brody and Hooper to use his boat. Finally, there is the antagonist of the film which is a thirty foot long, monstrous, very aggressive great white shark that eats humans. The story starts off when an young woman is swimming and is eaten by the shark. After a dog and a young boy are eaten the town offers a reward to who can kill the shark. A group of sailors catches a shark but after an examination by Hooper and Brody it is found to not be the man eating shark. Quint allows Brody and Hooper on his boat to hunt down the shark. After attacking the shark it manages to sink the boat and eat Quint. While the boat is sinking the shark put a compressed air tank into its mouth which Bordy shoots. The resulting explosion kills the shark. Afterwards Brody and Hooper swim back to shore.

Resources: Script
Wikipedia(I used Wikipedia for the picture and information.)

5 comments:

Anurag Budhathoki said...

Nice job on your project man and your character description and plot was very concise and clear

Alice Leah Fristrom said...

I like the summary, but I find myself morally opposed to this film. No offense, you did fine, it's just the movie itself. I like your summary, though. It's very to-the-point.

Nick Anastasi said...

I really liked the part in the movie you decided to chose, it was action packed and kept the class on the edge of their seat.

Gregory Case said...

Good job presenting. Good summary.

Rose Fristrom said...

Nice job even though you gave away the ending. I liked how we got to read the exciting part of the script and make funny sound effects.