Friday, November 26, 2010

Response to Article

I think the article has some interesting points, like about how kids can be distracted by technology and how to teach kids through technology. I don't really resemble any of the kids in the article or video, as far as my media use goes. (funnily they only show the two extremes) I manage to do my homework, and still spend a lot of time on the internet and gaming. I'm in the middle, like they guy in the video says; "moderation" My phone is also bad for texting, so I guess that helps.

I spend a lot of time on the computer, gaming mostly, or just surfing around. I do a lot of my homework on the computer too and I do sometimes take brakes and look at Facebook or deviantART, I also might read a few web comics. But I don't let myself take to much time on it. It's just so I can take a rest from my megahuge essay or what ever else I'm working on. It often helps my homework be less painful as long as I don't spend to much time on it. Often I won't let myself do anything to awesome until after I finish my homework, that way I know I will get ti done. I don't play games instead of doing homework, that is really the big thing that helps me. I mostly play strategy or puzzle games anyways, like Portal, not shoot 'em ups.

So, I'm not like the kids in the article at all. I game a lot and use the computer, but I still get my work done. I can limit myself if I need to.




This is the article.

7 comments:

TJ Hairston said...

nice job it seems like you put a lot of effort into this well done

Gregory Case said...

Good job, you go into a good amount of detail and it's not exremely long.

TJ Hairston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anurag Budhathoki said...

You did a great job on staying true and showed how you weren't related to the article.

Benjamin said...

Yeah. i try to moderate myself as well, but it usually doesn't turn put as well. Even though I really want to get Portal, I think more media would just kill me. Nice job not procrastinating

Ms.Ventura said...

Very Good

I agree with many of your points and I also think it is interesting that they only showed the two extremes in the video.
Like you, I tend to be on the moderate side of the spectrum and find the vortex that is the internet to be a wonderful distraction from the mundane nature of some of my work.
I especially like it when I am writing big papers. However, sometimes I can loose myself.


Understanding the relationship and limits will be a truly beneficial gift as you enter into the college atmosphere.
I look forward to hearing about how you moderate and navigate the tenuous relationship in that domain.

Besides from some grammar issues, very nice work.
Ms. V

Alice Leah Fristrom said...

...... Really...? Rose, you complain about how long it takes me to do my homework! I could complain about you!