Thursday, November 4, 2010

Movie Script


I chose the "kitchen sink" script for the movie Serenity, written in 2004.


I chose this script because I practically have the movie memorized. It was interesting to see the differences between the movie and the draft. There are a lot of characters in the movie, the main characters are the crew of the space ship Serenity who have taken in two mysterious fugitives, Simon and River Tam. The movie is set in a science fiction future, where humans have migrated to another galaxy. Serenity's crew are slightly shady legally, but they really only engage in petty crime. The writer uses descriptions in the script to show what the characters are like. (Keep in mind, all the main actors have already been chosen because this was once a TV series. They know their characters already.) The new characters, like the Operative, have more description about them. The Operative, as an example, is not described physically but his clothes and manner are. This is how it is with most of the characters. The script uses terms like closeup, pull out, P.O.V. and voiceover.


This is a link to the script.

7 comments:

Anurag Budhathoki said...

I liked the way how you remembered all the character names and the scenes from the script but overall you did a great job Rose

Ahmad Taha said...

Great job rose, you did did a good job explaining the unique story behind your movie, i though it must have been hard because it was a different and fictional which makes the story line so much more complicated, but nice job

M said...

The review and presentation were great. You seem to know a lot about the movie and the filming techniques and effects used.

Nick Anastasi said...

I really liked how much YOU liked the movie, it made me excited to know more about, and to read the script. You also did a very good job on explaining all the characters throughly and very well. I would love to see the movie for my fist time.

TJ Hairston said...

Great job Rose I like how you added alot of detail and how you were creative you explained your presentation well to everyone you did a good job up there

Alice Leah Fristrom said...

You could've given a basic outline of the plot, sister, though I know revealing stuff is against your religion. Good job anyway!

Rose Fristrom said...

Alice you movie snob, I don't have to reveal the plot if I don't want to. :P