Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey Day Mirror Response


My reaction to this article is I agree about what the article is saying about teenagers that use facebook and their cell phone that it messes them up in school because if their most focused on one thing for a long period of time it's hard to make the transition to another thing in this case it's school work. I think by going on facebook and texting all the time there kind of getting brainwashed and then they might forget to do there homework or even forget how to do the work so I do agree with what their saying because school work is the most important thing of all not facebook and texting. Now with my own media use I pick certain times when to go on facebook and to text I dont text in school because it's important to focus on class work and whats going on but I either go on facebook and text when I have no homework or no school I will go on facebook occasionally when I'm done with my homework but other than that I don't spend a lot of time doing either one of those things. I think homework may be a little distraction when texting or when your on facebook because you can forget to do it or might forget to study for a big test you have so that's why I think it's important for students not to do either one of those things while in the process of doing homework, and I would compare myself to the kid in the video that doesn't spend a large amount of time on facebook or texting because he focuses on his education and wants to do well in school I am like that because I want a good education and I care a lot about school so I would be that type of student. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-3cuSvSO8s

6 comments:

M said...

Not that bad besides some grammar and spelling issues.

Anurag Budhathoki said...

Yo TJ nice job but you should check your spelling though but I liked your opinions about the article and you didn't forget to include to the link.

Alice Leah Fristrom said...

Their=possessive form of 'they' (ex. Their car)
There=word describing an object (ex. It's over there, There were...)
They're=abbreviation of 'they are' (ex. They're paying the bill)

Just wanted to get that clear, it's one of my pet peeves. Pretty okay job otherwise, but you really need to work on conventions;spelling and the like.

Chris Fabrizio said...

Pretty good response. I also agree that many kids in school don't do well on their homework because of texting and the internet which serve as a distraction.

Rose Fristrom said...

Pretty good, and you included some occasional punctuation. You just didn't include how you personally compare to the students in the article.

Ms.Ventura said...

Good

THEIR/THERE: Learn the difference ASAP, it's very important. Thanks Alice for helping with that. Also, you have a ton of run on sentences--but I will help you with that.

You have great insight into the problems of Facebook and an awareness of your own media habits. It is a very big distraction. You can see from this article that parents and teachers are grappling with the best way to understand it.
Specific examples from the article would have been nice to include. I like your picture choice.
Ms. V