Thursday, November 25, 2010

Technology


I felt the article and video helped to show how technology can be used in school. However it made it seem ok for kids to stay up all night and then slack off when it comes to school. In the video it says parents are helpless which is not true. Parents need to figure out how to control their kids technology use if it is an issue. Kids need to learn to limit their technology use by themselves. Its only their fault if they cant focus on work because texting is more fun. Homework and work in general is not normally fun but we have to learn to deal with that in order to do well in life.
I use technology yet have learned to stop when I need to do something else. I can live without my phone, which is my main form of communication, but I don't like to in case I miss something. When it comes to doing school work or going on the internet I do my work first. The internet is cool and all but I don't care about it a lot. I'll even stop playing xbox if I have a lot of homework. Technology is important to me but its important that it is kept in control. Kids need to be the ones in control of their media use, not parents and not schools.

1 comment:

Ms.Ventura said...

Good +

Nice reflection Kip. I especially enjoyed your perpective that "kids need to be the ones in control of their media use, not parents and not schools."

However, where would internal discipline come from if parents and teachers did not take control? What kind of rules should a child have? These are challenging questions for both parents and teachers.

You had a few grammar issues and didn't post the link. Also specific references from the article would have been ideal. Otherwise, it was informative and reflective.

Ms. V